The dilemma between choosing repair and replacement can be confusing. Are you in a tight spot where it is tough to decide whether you should repair or replace your old air conditioning system?
Do not worry! The AC replacement in Owensboro, KY, has made a guide that will sort things out, and you can easily decide what is best for your household.
How to decide between repairing or replacing the air conditioning system?
It can be difficult to determine if your air conditioner needs a repair or if you must replace it. The following points will help you find which side has more weight on the balance scale:
Age of the air conditioning system
If the air conditioning system is more than ten years old, then it is better to start looking for a new air conditioning system. The air conditioning system provides its services for 10-15 years, and its efficiency decreases when it crosses the threshold of 10 years.
Cost of repair services
It does not make sense if you spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on repairing the issue to replace it after 2-3 years. According to the air conditioning service in Owensboro, KY, every customer should know and follow the 50% rule.
Maintenance condition of the AC system
Maintenance services protect the AC system from repair issues and elongate the equipment’s life. However, problems will occur in delivering efficient services if the air conditioning system schedule is running behind maintenance.
The energy efficiency level of the AC system
It is better to switch to an AC system with higher energy levels of SEER rating of more than 14. The higher energy levels protect the environment and reduce electricity bills by 25%.
Type of refrigerant gas
If the air conditioning system uses R-22 or Freon gas, it is better to discard the old one because Freon refrigerant is banned by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency).
Are you planning to move out of the residence?
If you are considering moving out of the residence to a new place, you should go with a repair service if it is inexpensive. If you consider renting the residence, an AC replacement service will increase the residence’s market value.
Does your air conditioning system display these signs?
Here are some signs that indicate you need to start looking for a new air conditioning system:
- The air conditioning system makes loud and disturbing noises while operating. Call the technician for a quick check if the outdoor unit produces vibrating noises.
- If the air around you feels heavy or you feel uneasy indoors, then there is an increase in the humidity levels. The AC system is unable to eliminate moisture from the room environment.
- If you frequently call the air conditioner repair in Whitesville to resolve new AC system malfunctioning issues, it is a sign to look for a new AC system.
- An increased bill is often due to malfunctioning issues of the old air conditioning system struggling to deliver efficient services.
- If the air conditioning system does not respond to the new thermostat changes, it is time to invest in a new one.
By now, it should be clear whether you should replace or repair the old and faulty air conditioning system. If you still have more queries or cannot decide, call 4 Seasons Heating and Cooling air conditioner repair in Whitesville to guide you towards the right process.
From helping customers and clients to make the right choice to delivering world-class AC services, 4 Seasons Heating and Cooling is your one-stop shop for your HVAC needs. Call (270)-926-2900 today and schedule an appointment today.