Residential HVAC Services In Owensboro, Whitesville, Lewisport, KY, and Surrounding Areas
Your residential HVAC system takes care of your home’s cooling and heating needs. However, despite the significant tasks it performs, homeowners usually fail to get timely upkeep of these units until there are problems.
This neglect often leads to severe problems in your HVAC unit, including costly repairs, increased energy expenses, and untimely replacements. The best way to avoid these issues is to call our professional technicians at Four Seasons Heating & Cooling, Inc. for regular residential HVAC services in Owensboro, KY.
Tips To Reduce The Odds Of Emergency AC Repair in Whitesville
Here are some effective ways to reduce the likelihood of emergency air conditioner repairs:
Change or replace your air conditioner’s air filters
One of the most significant yet neglected things one can do for air conditioning maintenance is cleaning or replacing your air filters. While you may not need to change them too frequently, you should check them every two or three months to confirm they are in good order.
When the air filter becomes blocked, air cannot stream freely through your system. When there is a blockage, it reduces the service life and increases the odds that you’ll need to replace worn-out components.
Routine service visits
Preventative maintenance and routine air conditioning services help to prevent more significant problems from occurring and limit your need for air conditioner repair in Whiteville. When a skilled HVAC specialist provides these services, they will confirm everything is in operating order. If they discover something that isn’t working well, they can repair the problem or replace the part right away, so your system doesn’t break down.
Maintaining a routine air conditioner service schedule for air conditioning systems is the most comfortable way to keep dust and dirt out of your cooling system. Part of the service should always involve a thorough inspection and cleaning of all interior components. The removal of this debris ensures optimal airflow and can prevent many common repair issues from arising.
Look at the options
The temperature settings on your thermostat can also help to reduce the likelihood of air conditioner repair. Consider changing your settings so that the AC doesn’t have to work as hard when it is hot outside. You may also want to invest in a programmable thermostat so that you can further customize the temperature in your home and better control how often the AC cycles on and off.
What Does A Residential HVAC Service Comprise Of?
A residential HVAC service visit often comprises the following:
- Inspection of all accessible areas of the ductwork for any visible damage, leaks, or blockages
- Inspection and testing of the thermostat to ensure it is accurate
- Inspection of all accessible areas of the air conditioner, including the condenser coils, fins, and unit housing
- Tightening of all electrical connections
- Testing of the refrigerant levels and, if necessary, adding more to reach the optimal level
- Cleaning of the condenser coils
- Lubrication of all moving parts
- Checking and adjusting the belt tension (if applicable)
- Inspection of the evaporator coils (if accessible)
- Flushing of the drain line to clear any blockages
- Inspection of the air filter and, if necessary, replacement with a new one
- Testing of the AC unit to ensure it is operating correctly
- Providing you with a report of our findings and recommendations for any further action that may be necessary
While some of these tasks may seem simple enough to do yourself, we always recommend hiring a professional for air conditioner repair and maintenance. Skilled HVAC technicians have the training, tools, and experience necessary to properly inspect and service your AC unit, so you can rest assured that the job will be done right.
If you need emergency air conditioner repair in Whiteville or the surrounding areas, contact us today. Our team of skilled HVAC technicians is available 24/7 to help you get your AC unit up and running again. We also offer preventative maintenance services to help keep your AC unit in top condition and reduce the likelihood of future repairs.
At Four Seasons Heating & Cooling, Inc., we can help you get the best AC repair in Owensboro at the most affordable price. To schedule an appointment, call us at (270) 926-2900.